We’re looking for versatile, self-directed artists who have experience in 2D character and world design and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Your folio should, above all, demonstrate originality, an ability to iterate, and an understanding of color and form. It should also reflect a solid understanding of anatomy and painting, and contain examples that show your awareness and appreciation of Valve’s various Intellectual Properties.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team (6-8 people) to produce useful concept designs based on the group’s collective conversations and decisions
- Iterating quickly and submitting work that solves problems rather than creates them
- Self-managing and also being aware of the needs and requirements of those around you
- Generating ideas and using 2D/3D work to communicate those ideas to the team
- Working knowledge of 3D packages such as ZBrush, Mudbox, SketchUp, etc.
- Communication skills that allow you to describe your process maturely and succinctly
- The ability to change gears quickly when needed