At Valve, we are pushing the boundaries of hardware gaming experiences.
Exemplified on products like the Steam Deck and the Valve Index, engineers at Valve innovate on technologies that bridge the hazy divide between software and hardware solutions. Our engineers are versatile, self-directed, and empowered to bring the next generation of VR and hand-held gaming products to millions of customers world-wide.
Do you love making great hardware? Our team has senior, world-class experts bringing together the following areas...
- Software Development in C/C++
- Linux & Embedded OSes
- Firmware Development
- Computer Graphics (GPU Acceleration, Shading, Rendering)
- Novel Display Paths (low latencies, high bandwidth)
- Hardware Interfaces (cameras, imus, audio, USB, mixed signal)
- Core VR Technologies (tracking, optical calibration, display customization)
- Video Compression
- Wireless Technologies
- Engine Integration (Unity, Unreal)
- Human Computer Interaction, Controllers, and Haptics
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews