At Valve, we are pushing the boundaries of virtual reality (VR) experiences. We are looking for versatile, self-directed software engineers in computer vision who can help us achieve the next steps in VR with millions of customers world-wide.The main scope of this position is to prototype, ship, and support consumer gaming products leveraging visual-inertial tracking (HMD and controllers), camera passthrough, environment understanding, eye tracking, and hand tracking.
Valve generally hires senior engineers with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply follow a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
- Proven professional software development experience in C/C++
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- SLAM/VIO/sensor fusion, visual positioning or other related directions
- 3D vision algorithms (traditional, deep learning based, or both - including SFM, MVS(Net), NeRF or other 3D reconstruction methods.
- Object detection and tracking, 3D pose estimation or other related directions
- Human subject awareness, including hand tracking, eye tracking, and body tracking
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews