We’re looking for an environment artist skilled at creating 3d architectural models, hard-surface props and foliage. Valve has different projects in various stages of production at all times. Artists will be expected to apply their skills in a wide variety of ways, depending on the day-to-day needs of these projects. We're interested in artists who share an equal passion for art and games.
Sorry, we do not accept student reels.
- Sculpting high-resolution props and hard surface models in Zbrush, 3D Coat, Modo or similar software
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology and uv’s
- Producing high quality textures for PBR workflows. (Production experience with Substance Painter/Designer and Quixel Suite a plus)
- Working with game designers in creating worlds that improve the player’s experience
- Designing and creating believable spaces with a focus on mood and storytelling
- Five or more years of modeling experience in film or games
- A good understanding of architecture as well as transportation and/or industrial design
- Versatile across different art styles and genres
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills a plus
- Communication skills that allow you to describe your process maturely and succinctly
- Pride in and personal ownership of your work.