As a software engineer on one of our game teams, you’ll be a key contributor to developing amazing games that millions of customers around the world enjoy. We’re always looking for great engineers who want to help us build the next amazing Valve game, or expand and improve an established hit like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, or Team Fortress 2. You’ll design and deliver new engine features, new game features, and new ways to delight our customers and drive revenue. You should have experience in all phases of game development, be self-directed, and have a relentless focus on customers. There are opportunities to work on titles across a variety of genres, with both VR and traditional 2D interfaces. Whether you’re a graphics or physics expert, a gameplay or networking specialist, or just an all-around great engineer, there are ways to have a huge impact.
- Working as part of one of Valve’s game development teams
- Regularly shipping updates to millions of customers, and develop an understanding of our player communities
- Driving the design and iteration of new features and games, making good use of internal and external feedback
- Creating measureable success, be self-directed, and prioritize your own workload
- Programming experience, in C++ or a similar language
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong software engineering skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, and drive work to completion
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with a team of peers
This is a senior role, requiring prior industry experience. Unfortunately, we do not currently have openings for recent graduates.