As a member of the Steam Business team, you are responsible for running Steam. With the rest of the Business team, you'll work to make sure that Steam is the best place for developers and publishers to sell their games and the best place for customers to buy and play them.
You'll need to have demonstrated a capability to work professionally with external partners and internal groups on an ongoing business capacity to ship products, projects and features. Your role is a blend of business development, platform feature advocate, marketing director, and producer -- you'll work with internal teams and external developers and publishers around the world, both digitally and in-person, to publish and market content, ship new Steam features, and create events and promotions.
Like any job at Valve, members of the Steam business team shift from project to project, filling different niches depending on their areas of expertise and interest. Some folks on the team are designing our seasonal sales events, while others ramp up our PC cafe program, run data analysis on the effectiveness of new platform features, or design and build new features with our dev team. Because we work at the intersection of platform, partner and customer, there's a constant flow of new and exciting projects to take on.
- Running the Steam Store -- offering games, software and content to millions of players worldwide
- Onboarding new partners and managing existing relationships - familiarizing partners with Steam tools, best practices and features
- Evangelizing the Steam platform's opportunities, events, and features with existing and prospective partners
- Developing and marketing weekly and annual sale events and other product promotions
- Working with partners and internal groups to design and launch new Steam features, tools and initiatives
- You excel when working independently and without management, and at collaborating with others as part of a team
- You love to take on big exciting projects and shepherd them from inception to release, but you're equally happy to take part in the day-to-day work of managing a platform and storefront
- Games industry knowledge a must and games industry experience is really helpful, but not required
- 5+ years' experience working with external partners and end-users, preferably from a digital platform and technical angle
What We Offer
- A self-driven organization where 100% of time is dedicated as teams see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnernerships
- On-site amenities in support of health and productivity
- Generous vacation and family leave
- Excellent medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms