Valve is seeking experienced and versatile professional CG animators with strong acting and storytelling skills. Candidates must possess an exceptional ability to portray realistic physical movement to create the motions and performance of 3D, computer-generated characters.
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to design and create the motion sets needed for in-game assets
- Conceptualize and produce large-scale cinematic moments within games and other forms of media
- Work with a team of artists to help design characters, sets, and props
- Provide animation-related feedback for development of in-house software
- Prototype and evaluate game play features, and perform multi-platform testing and bug fixes during game shipping and release process
- 5+ years of professional experience shipping world-class products in the software, TV or film industry
- Ability to work from concept through final product and executing on a broad range of animation styles
- Working knowledge of Maya
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to self-manage and make responsible decisions about time and project priorities
- Knowledge of modeling, texturing, rigging, scripting, lighting or video editing are preferred
Submit a reel with your application as well as a detailed description of work found therein. Sorry, we do not accept student reels.