Join us in Bellevue, WA, USA
Industrial Designers at Valve join a world-class group of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, and designers who are defining new entertainment experiences through both hardware and software. We are hoping to add your expertise in product design and manufacturing, ergonomics, usability, aesthetics, and surfacing to our team.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Every designer at Valve contributes in a wide variety of ways: We define and articulate goals, we create and implement user studies, we participate from project inception to detailed completion in the design, development, and manufacturing of products, and much more. We also recruit designers like you.
Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC are important to us, as they enable Valve and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers. We're frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space, so we've jumped in. Even basic input, the keyboard and mouse, haven't really changed in any meaningful way over the years. There's a real void in the marketplace, and opportunities to create compelling user experiences are being overlooked.
At Valve, our design process really gets going once products are in customers' hands. Our best work is the result of an ongoing dialog with customers. Through years of shipping software as a service through Steam, our digital distribution platform, this has become fundamental to the way we design and build great products. With an engaged community of millions of users, what will you ship? What will you try, and what will you learn through doing so?Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply following a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us.
Submit your resume along with an online portfolio of work which conveys your capabilities.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews