Job Duties:Work with the hardware and software product teams to design, develop, execute, and manufacture projects and programs in consumer electronics impacting business and customer experience. Develop and execute business strategies and decisions for product development, component sourcing, partner relations, and manufacturing based on detailed data and cost/benefit analysis of related financial and business data. Manage projects and programs from planning to completion by collaborating with engineering to define functional and technical requirements, specifications, and solutions, and work with external supply chain partners for solutions. Responsible for overall sourcing strategy, supply chain operations, and driving resolution of continuity of supply and capacity issues. Manage and report the overall risks and opportunities in achieving the target product cost. Evaluate market data and internal sales data to make a recommendation to the S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) leadership on product volumes and forecast. Own negotiation of contract purchase agreements with suppliers. Coordinate multiple simultaneous cross-team and cross-disciplinary efforts from project inception to delivery. Utilize standard analytical tools to analyze business metrics for optimization and derive actionable recommendations to meet business objectives. Own and execute large-scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals, and deliverables. Recognize and resolve issues and provide hands-on project guidance to ensure completion of assigned projects, as well as be responsible for all aspects of project management (including managing, planning, organizing, scheduling, and tracking of projects from initiation and planning, execution, and delivery). Work with project teams during the initiation, discovery, design, build, validation & rollout phases to ensure timely delivery of projects. Manage team relationships within the company as well as with external partners.
Minimum Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial and Operational Engineering or a related field or the foreign degree equivalent and eight years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the field of Hardware Business Operations, Supply Chain, and Analytics, including:
- 5 years of experience using tools including PowerBI, Tableau, Arena BOM management (or other BOM Management tools), and MS Office
- 2 years of experience in managing, analyzing, and reporting business metrics
- 2 years of experience in capacity planning and forecasting
- 2 years of experience in product launch management and program management
- 2 years of experience in managing external partners and vendor relationships
- 1 year of experience in contract management and negotiations
- 1 year of experience using QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Steam VR stats (or similar statistical tools)
Experience may be gained concurrently.
The position is full-time, 40 hours per week, with Valve Corporation located in Bellevue, Washington.
What We Offer
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews