Work as part of one of Valve's game development team regularly shipping updates to millions of customers and developing an understanding of our player communities. Drive the design and iteration of new features and games, making good use of internal and external feedback. Develop gameplay related functions which facilitate the playability of the game and gameplay mechanisms. Develop gameplay systems including character and game elements and progression. Develop game AI systems and behaviors. Participate in the game design process and gather requirements with other engineers and designers. Create measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years of professional gameplay programming and software engineering experience. This must include:
- 5 years of experience in game design
- 5 years of experience in designing and building complex, open-ended gameplay systems
- 5 years of experience programming in C++
- Must have designed and built complex AI systems and behaviors for one shipped game
- 3 years of experience communicating with a player community about updates and development plans.
Experience may be gained concurrently. *Employer will accept 2 years of experience in software engineering in lieu of a Bachelor's degree. Any suitable equivalent combination of education, experience or training is acceptable.
Position with Valve Corporation located in Bellevue, Washington.
To apply, please send resume to: Valve Corporation, 10400 NE 4th Street, #1400, Bellevue, Washington 98004 or at our website at: http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/job_postings.html and reference job #90