As a senior engineer working on Valve mobile apps, you'll play a key role in expanding Valve's presence in the mobile space. From enabling customers to interact with the Steam platform from wherever they are to creating new gaming experiences, you'll be helping serve and grow an audience of millions of customers.
Valve is looking for engineers with experience in the mobile space and familiarity with mobile development for iOS and Android platforms. Our apps encompass a broad range of mobile development technologies, from native Objective-C and Java apps, to cross-platform React Native, to low-level C++ game engine development.
- Working closely with other Valve engineers on building and delivering new features across a variety of platforms.
- Directly responding to the needs of Steam customers and gamers by delivering features and updates.
- Developing an understanding of Valve's player community and contributing creative design solutions to improve the experience of using Valve's products.
- Following-through from project inception through design to detailed completion.
- Iterating on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback.
- Building and releasing updates for our apps end-to-end.
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers, and optimizing designs for a mobile experience.
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload.
- 3+ years of professional work building mobile software.
- Familiarity with developing, building, and testing using Xcode or the Android SDK tools.
- Experience publishing and updating apps on App Store Connect or the Google Play Store.
- A strong understanding of mobile platforms, features, graphics APIs, and performance.
- Strong programming and fundamental computer science skills.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.