As a Motion Designer at Valve, you will join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, writers, animators and designers who are continually creating and shipping world-class social entertainment experiences. We are hoping to add your expertise in visual communication, animation, user experience, and motion design to our team.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver rewarding experiences to customers. We hire generalists who also exhibit deep expertise. Designers at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways: We define and articulate goals, we design and ship products, we define and implement user studies, we write press releases and blog posts, we manage projects, and much more. We also recruit designers. People like you.
At Valve, our design process really gets going once products are in customers' hands. Our best work is the result of an ongoing dialog with customers. This is fundamental to the way we create great products. Through years of shipping software as a service through Steam, our digital distribution platform, we have learned to include our customers in the entirety of the design process. With an engaged community of millions of users, what will you ship? What will you try, and what will you learn through doing so?
Do you prefer to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply following a vision that has been set for you? If you are seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you take us.
- A BS/BA/BFA Degree (or equivalent) in film, design (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of professional experience shipping world-class products in the software, TV or film industry
- A thorough understanding of motion design and film editing principles
- Highly effective multidisciplinary collaboration skills
- Personal commitment to quality, attention to detail
- Confidence with design communication tools
- Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
- An online portfolio of work which conveys your capabilities
Please include with your application an online portfolio of work which conveys your capabilities.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews