Steam sells thousands of individual products to hundreds of millions of users around the world through our digital distribution platform. The systems we create connect people and game developers in an ecosystem that combines social networking and commerce in a single platform. Our work includes improving the way we sell products to customers, optimizing how we deliver content to end users, facilitating payments to content creators worldwide, and creating new features for game developers.
Valve is looking for engineers that have significant experience working on highly scalable distributed systems, building robust services that interface with internal and external service providers, and consuming/instrumenting big data for analytics and reporting. Valve's work environment is very unique in that we rely on all employees to be self-motivated, accountable, and able to recognize the right opportunities to focus their energies on. We encourage all applicants to review our employee handbook.
If you have the passion to work on evolving the worlds' largest digital distribution and eCommerce platform and think that this is the right place for you, contact us now! We'd love to hear from you.
- Designing and implementing features and services in C++ at scale
- Researching, analyzing, and designing fraud detection methods
- Troubleshooting application issues and providing possible solutions with appropriate risk assessments
- Support auditing, trending, and reconciliation efforts for financial specialists
- Five years of experience shipping and maintaining production-level software in technologies including:
- Large scale SQL application experience
- Service and application development in C++ (preferred), Java, or C#
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical design, concepts, and risks to non-developers
- Track record of delivering high-impact and complex projects on time with extremely low defect rates
- Background in online payment processing, analytics, and/or financial auditing systems
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews