As a character artist at Valve, you will join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, writers, animators, and designers who are continually building and releasing entertainment experiences to players around the globe. We're hoping to add your expertise in character design and sculpting to our team!
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Character artists at Valve contribute in all aspects of our character pipeline: we sculpt high-resolution models (ZBrush, Mudbox or 3DCoat), craft low-resolution game models, and author high-quality textures suitable for PBR workflows. We collaborate with concept artists to iterate on character designs and work with animators to build characters that can move and perform believably. We work in interdisciplinary design teams to help bring characters to life while making them work in the context of our game design. We also recruit artists like you.
Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply follow a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to work on genre-defining games with other world-class artists, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
- High-level organic and hard-surface modeling experience in games or films
- Your ability to model characters in a variety of styles with an emphasis on character design
- Your direct contribution to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products
- A thorough understanding of human anatomy
- Pride in and personal ownership of your work
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills is a plus
Sorry, we do not accept student portfolios.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews