Steam Software Engineer
Join us in Bellevue, WA, USA
Software Engineers on the Steam team join a world-class group of software engineers, business leaders, and designers who are continually creating and releasing social entertainment experiences to players around the globe. We're hoping to add your expertise in software engineering to our team.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Software engineers at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways. We build and maintain software that delivers multiple forms of digital content on behalf of thousands of content creators to millions of customers around the world. We define and prioritize product goals derived from the work we do to understand both player and partner interests. We collaborate from project inception to detailed completion, contributing creative solutions to improve peoples' experiences with Valve's products. We also recruit engineers like you.
As a member of the Steam development team, you will engage in end-to-end development work to introduce features and components to our best-of-breed computer games and pioneering e-commerce platform. By regularly shipping a variety of products, from small internal tools to large-scale web applications, you will directly and meaningfully impact the experience of millions of people. With an engaged community of users, you'll then have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help measure your success.
Valve is seeking engineers who have significant experience working on highly-scalable, distributed systems, building robust services that interface with internal and external service providers, and consuming/instrumenting big data for analytics and reporting. As an experienced engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's largest digital distribution and ecommerce platforms, we hope you'll consider joining Valve.Intrigued? Send us your resume.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews