Join us in Bellevue, WA, USA
For years, Valve has been all about writing software that provides extraordinary gameplay experiences. Lately, we’ve been developing hardware to take those experiences to the next level, and you can be a key part of making that happen! Join our highly motivated team that's doing hardware design, prototyping, testing, and production across a wide range of platforms. Help us invent whole new gaming experiences built around novel hardware for the living room and beyond.
At Valve, our Hardware team is highly collaborative; we benefit from individuals with broad skill bases and backgrounds, as well as deep technical experience. We design, test, manufacture, and validate the hardware that brings new experiences to life. Like other teams at Valve, we operate without a traditional management structure. We collaborate with peers to define our priorities and contributions during the development of our products. As part of that collaboration, we are able to self-select how best to add value to the projects we work on. Mechanical engineers typically define product architecture and lead all aspects of product development, from early concept work through to manufacturing.
As an ME, and depending on where we are in the product cycle, you may find yourself spending time designing in CAD, finding the root cause of a failure, putting together a DOE, or outlining a quality plan for the CM. There’s a lot to get involved in, and most of the team wears multiple hats. Your hardware colleagues have many years of experience from across the CE industry with multiple products shipped. They can dig into the details while maintaining a product-level perspective, and we believe this focus and awareness results in products that keep our customers engaged and excited.
Are you interested in stretching your limits and influencing the future of gaming and entertainment hardware? We look forward to hearing about what you have to bring to the table!
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews