We work together in person, in Bellevue, WA, USA
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary experiences to customers around the globe. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise.
Effects Artists at Valve work with a world-class group of software engineers, artists, writers, animators, and designers who are continually creating and releasing entertainment experiences to players around the globe. We're hoping to add your expertise in visual effects to our team!
We at Valve collaborate in small teams of artists and programmers to quickly iterate and execute content that ships on a weekly basis on multiple platforms: game engine, UI, linear media, web, and more while also contributing to longer-term tool development. Our multi-disciplinary teams solve complex visual problems in a self-directed and efficient way. We manage our own time while being keenly aware of other needs and requirements across different company projects. Join a team with a strong sense of design, timing, and creativity with the ability to also work in a highly technical capacity. If you're seeking an opportunity to work on genre-defining games with other world-class artists, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
Sorry, we do not accept student portfolios or reels.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews