Design - Other
We work together in person, in Bellevue, WA, USA
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary experiences to customers around the globe. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise.
Designers at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways. We may do some or all of these things: define and articulate goals; design and publish user interfaces, architectures, layouts, and graphics; devise and implement user studies; create branding and define use guidelines; design and copy write for printed pieces; write press releases and blog posts; conceive storyboards and edit videos; imagine and execute illustrations, iconography, animations and photographs for our own designs; write press releases and blog posts; manage projects; and much more. We also recruit designers like you.
Designers at Valve use design as a leadership tool in multidisciplinary teams. We work independently and without management, collaborating with peers to define our priorities and contributions, rather than following a vision that’s been defined. We steer product definition with functional exploration and design decision-making.
Design is a very broad field; we see it as a framework within which to solve problems. All stripes can add value here, from motion designers to industrial designers, ux designers to graphic & communication designers. If you approach your work through a design thinking lens, but don't strongly identify with a certain title, this post is for you. Because we work at the intersection of platform, partners, and customers, there's a constant flow of exciting and impactful work! Interested? Send us your resume.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews