We work together in person, in Bellevue, WA, USA
At Valve we look beyond hiring for a set position, but instead, we seek exceptional people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise in their chosen craft. The animators at Valve are a world-class group of artists working with writers, software engineers, and designers who are continually creating and releasing compelling entertainment experiences to players around the world.
Animators determine work priorities in collaboration with their peers, contributing creative solutions throughout production in a variety of ways. From conceptualizing ideas to producing an extensive range of animated content including dynamic interactive performances and large-scale cinematic moments, whose work is crucial in helping shape ideas. Within each team, they are part of prototyping gameplay experiences with designers and programmers for a diverse array of characters, creatures, and in-game encounters. They also work closely with software engineers to improve our proprietary tools, maximize efficiency of our workflow, and to ensure the animation that we create is exceptional.
At Valve our animators are highly experienced and demonstrate a number of skills including:
- Proven professional experience (5+ years) shipping world-class products in the software, television or film industry.
- An outstanding ability to portray believable physical movement, strong acting, storytelling and performance of 3D computer-generated characters with key frame animation within a broad range of styles.
- A detailed understanding of Maya; experience working with motion capture and building animation state machines
- Knowledge of rigging, scripting, modeling, texturing, lighting, and video editing.
- Product-level thinking that informs intentional, meaningful decisions from concept to completion
Interested? Send us your reel and resume. Sorry, we do not accept student reels.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews