One thing we have at Valve is data. Lots and lots of data. We also have economists, and we’re always looking to add to our team. Economists at Valve use their outstanding empirical research skills to turn that data into insights that guide product decisions and improve our customers' experiences. Some projects that Valve economists have worked on in the past include:
The economists that we currently have at Valve have a graduate degree in Economics or related field, advanced knowledge of applied statistics and econometrics, extensive practical experience applying these methods to guide decision-making, proficiency writing and shipping SQL code in a large-scale relational database environment, and proficiency in one or more programming languages such as C++, PHP, and Python.
Intrigued? Send us your resume.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews