Software Engineers on our game teams join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, and designers developing amazing games that millions of customers around the world enjoy. We're hoping your expertise in software engineering can help build the next amazing Valve game, or expand and improve an established hit like Counter-Strike or Dota 2.
Our game engineers design and deliver new engine features, tools, and game mechanics. We look for new ways to delight our customers and drive revenue. The members of our teams are experienced in all phases of game development, are self-directed, have a relentless focus on customers, and also recruit other engineers like you.
Some game engineers at Valve are experts in topics like graphics, physics, tools development, animation, or gameplay networking. Some are generalists who are simply all-around great engineers. Our game engineers do most of their day-to-day work in C++, have strong software engineering skills, and regularly ship updates to millions of customers. When joining Valve, most of our engineers had significant professional software development experience or had already shipped something that caught our eye.
As a member of the game development team, you will demonstrate a clear ability to self-direct, prioritize workload, design and iterate on new features and games, and drive work from inception to completion. With an engaged community of users, you'll have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help create measurable success. Working on our game teams demands strong communication skills and an ability to work closely with peers across many disciplines.
As an experienced engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's leading game developers, we hope you'll consider joining Valve.
Intrigued? Send us your resume.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews