For years, Valve has been all about writing software that provides extraordinary gameplay experiences. Now we're developing hardware to take those experiences to the next level, and you can be a key part of making that happen! Join our highly motivated team that's doing hardware design, prototyping, testing, and production across a wide range of platforms. Help us invent whole new gaming experiences built around novel hardware for the living room and beyond.
At Valve, our Engineering staff is highly collaborative; we benefit from individuals with broad skill bases and backgrounds, as well as deep technical experience. We design, test, manufacture and build the hardware that brings new experiences to life. Are you interested in stretching your limits and influencing the future of gaming and entertainment hardware? We look forward to hearing about what you have to bring to the table!
- Delivering world-class hardware products related to our core gaming business
- Facilitate collaboration within the hardware teams and other groups within Valve to design and build products that define categories
- Product architectural design, detailed design review, and direction, as related to performance, reliability, cost and manufacturing
- Supplier selection and partner development with Tier 1 & 2 suppliers both domestically and abroad.
- Project management and technical direction of external teams
The ideal candidate has worked through all aspects of hardware development and is able to dig deep into the details while maintaining a product-level awareness that keeps our customers engaged and excited.
In particular, we are looking for proven experience and proficiency in the following skills and technologies found in high-end consumer electronics:
- CAD: Creo and/or SolidWorks ideal
- DFMEA, DFSS, GD&T, QC, problem solving and root cause analysis
- NPI and on-site mass production experience at major Tier 1 CMs in Asia
- Design and manufacturing of injection molded, sheet metal, cast, FPC, and other common electronic components; capable of troubleshooting these processes
- Minimum 10 years experience related to high-volume electro-mechanical products
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews