Responsible for the creation and design of animated graphics and effects, specializing in character animation graphics, for commercially released Valve gaming products and commercial films for game promotion and theatrical exhibition. Design animated graphics and artistic content for effects including character models, background sets, objects, textures, destruction, game scenarios, and environments using computer graphics and modeling programs. Develop and produce 2-D and 3-D graphic effects for virtual reality applications, movie cinematics and game trailers. Participate in graphic design and production of multimedia campaigns. Provide modeling and graphic effects related feedback for development of in-house applications. Create animation tools using Python, C# and/or other programming languages for use by Valve animators.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Animation, Animation & Digital Arts, Digital Design, or a related field, or the foreign degree equivalent and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience designing and creating graphic effects for commercially released entertainment products. Experience must also include 4 years of experience:
- Designing and creating graphic effects for at least one shipped video game, providing support post-launch for at least 1 year
- With the theories, methodologies, and industry standards of graphic arts and computer generated design
- Developing and producing 2-D and 3-D graphic effects for movie cinematics and game trailers
- Providing modeling, graphic effects and animations for characters and environments.
- Designing and developing tools for animation software.
- Providing graphic design for at least one project for public release.
- Supervising content creation, such as 2-D and 3-D graphic effects, character animations, 3d models, environments, audio and music for video games
Experience may be gained concurrently.
Employer will accept a Master's degree in Graphic Design, Animation, Animation & Digital Arts, Digital Design, or a related field, or the foreign degree equivalent and 4 years of experience designing and creating graphic effects for commercially released entertainment products in lieu of a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of this experience. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Position with Valve Corporation located in Bellevue, Washington.
To apply to the position, please visit our website at https://www.valvesoftware.com/en/ and reference job number: 92