We're looking for highly experienced, versatile and hardworking Technical Artists to solve problems, improve our tools and pipelines, and apply ingenuity to our award-winning games! Applicants must demonstrate a specialized capability as well as general versatility in all aspects of a CG pipeline. We look for individuals who proactively solve issues and have the flexibility and foresight to research, design and implement cutting-edge tools before artists require them. Technical Artists should be ready to jump into everyday production and force-multiply our art and technology capabilities.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. We are comfortable self-managing and making responsible decisions about work priorities in collaboration with our teams. Technical artists at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways: We facilitate cross-disciplinary communication between departments and help articulate goals across different projects at the studio. We research, define, build, and maintain tools, and much more. We also recruit others like you.
Do you prefer to define the work that you pursue? If you're seeking an opportunity to work on genre-defining games with other outstanding artists, designers and software engineers, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us!
- Professional experience in animation, games, or CG industries
- Your senior-level contribution to a linear medium or game product, with a detailed description of work shown
- Expertise with 3D software suites (Maya, ZBrush, Modo, etc)
- Python and C++ programming experience
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or engineering
Sorry, we do not accept student portfolios or reels.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews